Tuesday, April 8

Freak

I like to be in control. I don't know if I would call myself a "control freak", but I definitely like to have a say in most things that involve me. My sister, as the maid-of-honor, had been planning on throwing me a bridal shower. This was cool, because I could give opinions and vetos. Then last night I find out that Nick's Aunt would also like to throw me a shower, but only for his side of the family, not both. This totally threw me for a loop since a.) I didn't know people split the familys up and did two showers and b.) I never realized she was remotely interested in throwing one and c.) she is crazy. Plus I have no control, which freaks the hell out of me. What if I don't like it? What if the food is bad? What if its really long? What if they play awful games? What if they don't play games? What is going to happen?!? Aghh! I suppose it all boils down to me getting over it, showing up and being gracious no matter what happens. It is very nice that they would like to do this for me, but it still strikes me as odd.

I was very excited to find out today that over sized bath sheets are available for order on Target.com. Now I can register there without hesitation ^_^ I climbed into the attic today to take stock of what was up there from the apartment. Not much, lol. I think I passed a lot along to Nick when we parted ways and he left it wherever. Some things I think I gave back to his mom. Oh well, hopefully our friends and family will be very generous and the thrift store will have everything else we want!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having 2 showers as well but only because with both families together....I'd be opening gifts for hours. So we split it up but there will be some people from my family at the shower Adam's Mom is throwing for me and some of his family at the shower my Mom is throwing.
Just tell her you apperciate it but she doesnt have to do all that work.

Kate said...

I just think its strange because our wedding it going to be very tiny, 90 people total, so only around 40 women at the shower. It sounds like they have a lot planned already too and they just called to check if the date was okay. It just took me by suprise, I'll probably just say thank you, show up, and have to do it all over again with my family :P